Have you heard of Tough Mudder? If not, here is a 30 second video to bring you up to speed...
Earlier this year, D.J. decided he needed to participate in the Seattle Tough Mudder. How did I feel about the event? Mud, electric shocks, ice baths, mud, 12 foot walls, mud, mud, and more mud? I expressed my concern, but D.J. relented, and just completed said event this past weekend.
He ran with several friends to earn the coveted orange Tough Mudder headband. I have to say, I am incredibly impressed with these people! I stood near the final two obstacles while waiting for D.J. and his teammates to finish, and watched participants push themselves to their physical limits and then turn to help perfect strangers and fellow competitors complete the daunting tasks ahead. It was inspiring, to say the least.
D.J. had the experience of a lifetime and came out unscathed. Okay, not really...
Black eye and all, I am so proud of him! Also, I made an executive decision and trashed the socks he wore for the run.
My washing machine will never be the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment