A couple of weekends ago we escaped the heat in Seattle (a blistering 85*) and drove to Northbend for Amazon's annual company picnic.
For some reason I got zero pictures of Emerson or myself. I guess we were too busy eating complementary ice cream sandwiches to bother with photography.
At the gate they gave each adult a ticket for a free T-shirt and each kid a ticket for a free kite. There were little kites flying everywhere with the majestic Cascades in the background. It reminded me of Mary Poppins. I wish I had taken a picture of it!
Elise enjoyed the huge blow-up slide and the bouncy house obstacle course, although she got stuck a few times. Her favorite attraction was the paddle boat ride we waited forty-five minutes in line for. Our conversation went a little like this:
"Elise, would you like to get your face painted?"
"No."
Ten minutes pass...
"Would you like to throw water balloons?"
"No."
| Waiting in line. |
Twenty minutes pass without the line moving an inch...
"This line is really long, should we try flying your kite?"
"No, I want to go on the little boats."
"(Sigh...) Ok."
Forty minutes later we finally arrived at the front of the line and Elise climbed into her vessel.
Her ride lasted exactly two and a half minutes. Immediately thereafter, I helped myself to another ice cream sandwich.


Yay for ice cream sandwiches! And good for Elise for knowing what she wants!
ReplyDelete