Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good Morning!

Sometimes Elise is up all night. I've fed, burped, and rocked at all hours, slept on the floor next to the crib until I felt carpet bumps indented on my cheek, and changed diapers with no recollection of even doing it. I've even attempted to swaddle and burp my poor sleeping husband in foggy states of midnight confusion.

But no matter how sleepless and crazy the night has been, this is the face I see in the morning:


It's as if she's saying, "MOMMY!! It's been so long since I've seen you! You look beautiful with your disheveled hair and the dark circles under your eyes. I don't care if you have dragon breath; exhaustion suits you! Isn't it such a beautiful morning? I'm so happy to see you, I could just bust!"

And somehow the lack of sleep doesn't matter anymore. I think, Gosh, I love this baby! And I realize, I could stay up a million nights. This face makes it all worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Boy, do I know the feeling! It's very fun to wake up to them, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda! I just found your blog! Elise is just so cute! I'm glad you guys are doing well. Feel free to check our blog out, too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete